Text "Contest" to 61827*
Check us out on MySpace too! http://www.myspace.com/freshfoc
The Fresh Focus Sex Ed video contest launched in September and quickly spread across the blogosphere. People are talking, and now it's time to start making films!
Here's a taste of our first 6 submissions:
• Stick Love vol 1 is an animation about loneliness and commonality.
• Heard it profiles youth in Oakland, CA talking about where they learned about sex (and it ain't from school!).
Anyone aged 15-30, can make a video. Content is more important than quality, and needs to:
1) Tell us whether your sex ed sucked or rocked and why
2) Redesign sex ed for the future.
Grand Prize: $3500 scholarship or cash equivalent
Second Prize: $1000
Third Prize: Choice of Nintendo Wii, digital camera or iPhone.
Entries accepted until midnight on December 31st and voting begins January 4th, 2008.
Finalists will be featured at the Sex::Tech Conference: Focus on Youth, January 22-23, 2008 in San Francisco at a panel moderated by creators of the Midwest Teen Sex Show, a vlog for teens.
Visit the official contest page today for all the details and official rules. www.dogooder.tv/freshfocusvideo
* standard text messaging rates apply.
deb at isis-inc dot org for press inquiries
andy at isis-inc dot org for contest inquiries
Internet Sexuality Information Services, Inc. www.isis-inc.org
RH Reality Check rhrealitycheck.org
Advocates for Youth advocatesforyouth.org